Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wednesday's Post on Thursday

We lost access to the internet Wednesday night so, we were unable to post or check email (in case you were wondering what happened to us). Thank you to Dr. Paul, Tanya and Timara for their earnest assistance in getting us back on the net today! Since we are playing "catch up" with email and work, I'll make this afternoon's post quick and post a longer entry later tonight.

It seems our court date is a solid April 2. Apparently, the judge will be out of the office all next week and will not return to review our case until Monday, the 2nd. Wednesday afternoon, we arrived at the Internot at 2:30. Nataliya worked with the Internot officials while Renee and I walked with Yuri to Michelle's apartment. We played three games of "Sorry!" and about a hundred and fifty games of "Dominoes" (Yuri likes dominoes). Gradually, Yuri is using a little more English bit by bit.

In the evening, Renee and I traveled back to the city center with Michelle, Julia and Olya to attend a worship service at the Vineyard church plant in downtown Odessa. The service was in English (with a little Russian). Actually, the man who led the service was from Sweden so, the service was English with a Swedish accent. It was our own version of "No Ordinary Wednesday". During the day, Renee worked on the computer in the morning while Paul cleaned the kitchen (it took a while since he was cleaning with cocktail napkins). ;-) And, we both continued with the laundry process.


Michelle, Julia and Olya. Julia is a translator who tutors Yuri in English after his regular classes are done. Olya is a translator who also works with the kids at the Internot. This picture was taken at the Vineyard worship service.

2 comments:

cathy and larry said...

So glad you are back in business with a computer. I did wonder what happened to you guys. O.K., I am laughing again as I picture Paul busily cleaning the kitchen with a stack of cocktail napkins. I'm glad to know you are set up to perform these domestic duties with such great efficiency. Is that how you will be cleaning the bathroom also?
Sorry that the court date doesn't seem moveable. We will continue to pray. I was reading in Isaiah some verses that talk about God's sovreignty. From ch 46 "I am God , and there is no other; I am God and there is noone like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do." God has sent you and will accomplish His will through you. I know from experience that our timing doesn't quite line up with God's, but His is perfect.
Hang in there. You guys are doing a great job.

Ted and Amy said...

Hey Bergers,

Hopefully this comment will get through! We have been trying to post but it hasn't been allowing us to do so. We were happy to hear that you had two days taken off your wait. We pray that your time there while you wait will pass quickly for you and your family. God's timing is perfect and He will provide for all your(and you families) needs while you are there. Keep focused on Him : )We love reading your blog. Thanks for keeping us all in touch in your many adventures.